HONG KONG, MAY 26, 2016: Complete Manufacturing and Distribution (www.completeMAD.com), and Marquette University’s Business Center for Supply Chain Management, announce a China and Vietnam Business Strategy Symposium to be held at Marquette University’s Weasler Auditorium on June 24th, 2016. The purpose of this educational event is to highlight top opportunities in a changing landscape for thought leaders, business executives, and anyone responsible for strategy in Asia. Speakers will include: Paul Stepanek, President, Complete Manufacturing and Distribution, Shanghai, China; Mike Harsh, Executive Director, Global Supply Chain, Johnson Controls, Inc., Milwaukee, Wis.; Frank Rocco, Attorney and Solicitor, Shanghai, China; and Tom Marry, COO, Modine Manufacturing Company, Racine, Wis.
“The ways leaders are achieving results are very different than five years ago, according to Paul Stepanek, President, Complete Manufacturing and Distribution. “Many are capitalizing on new rules and cost-savings approaches for sourcing, manufacturing, logistics, eCommerce, and more. On the 24th of June, we’ll learn why and discuss whereleadersare developing the next decade of opportunity.”
“In the 1980s, Americancompanies chased low-cost country sourcing and moved business to China where labor cost advantages could not be ignored,” summarized Douglas Fisher, Ph. D., Assistant Professor, and Director of Marquette University’s Center for Supply Chain Management. “Now, some thirty years later, the combined forces of an emerging middle class in China, supply chain risks, the impact of the 2008 recession and automation on US labor costs; and advanced ‘Industry 4.0’ manufacturing techniques—are driving a major paradigm shift in China. During the Strategy Symposium, leaders will describe this new landscape and how they are dealing with it.”
Hosted by Marquette’s Center of Supply Chain Management, this event is open to the public and free of charge. Guests will engage in discussion of these emerging trends and business challenges. Key topics to be covered include:
- • How economic volatility in China is impacting companies and their China interests.
- • Which compliance programs are critical given the big gap between legal rules and reality in China.
- • Where companies can find cost savings now.
- • Steps for selling into the biggest eCommerce market in the world.
- • How companies can capitalize on five major Asian free trade deals.
- • Why Vietnam is Asia’s hottest manufacturing hub.
- • Topic: China and Vietnam: Top Opportunities in a Changing Landscape
- • Where: Marquette University, Weasler Auditorium, Wells St. between 15th and 16th Street
- • Parking: Parking structure is located at 13th and Wells
- • When: June 24, 2016. 2:00-5:00 p.m.
- • Format: Presentations followed by Q&A panel discussion
- • Cost: This event is open to the public free of charge
To register,visit: http://event.pingg.com/chinavietnam
About Complete Manufacturing and Distribution
Complete Manufacturing and Distribution (CMD) is trusted by clients to accelerate results. From concept to development and into operation, seasoned experts at CMD help reach goals faster for lasting competitive advantage. CMD serves clients worldwide from offices in China, The United Kingdom, and Vietnam. For more information, visitwww.completeMAD.com.
About Marquette University’s Business Center for Supply Chain Management
Marquette University's Center for Supply Chain Management prepares students through real-world experience and applied learning. Ranked 14th nationally by US News and World Report and 16th by Gartner, Inc., the center is more than a place of academic excellence - it is a driver of industry. Located in Milwaukee, a vibrant and diverse manufacturing and business services area, the Center ensures that students benefit from our deep industry relationships. Prepared, experienced, and in demand, 98 percent of students are employed within three months of graduation.